Saturday, March 12, 2011

added insight to the ministry

Tanya has been feeling led to feed people.
The whole basis of my preparedness/survival learning is so we can help people.
The organic homesteading part of the retreat should go a long way towards helping and feeding people.

Tanya and I talked about it and decided we needed to learn Spanish. Gunnison has a growing population of immigrants that can be reached by something like this.

As far as my call to help pastors goes. While I was a pastor my most enjoyable time was Monday mornings when pastors from the various churches in the association would come together and fellowship. It was a time when we could talk and joke and share that we just couldn't do with our congregations. I am planning the retreat to be a place where I can talk to a burnt out pastor as someone who has been there and allow him to unwind and refresh.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment